Canine Good Citizen Classes -Basic Obedience
CGCA Classes & Title
Trick Dog Classes
S.T.A.R. Puppy-Headstart Classes
Annual Dog Show INFO
2014 Dog Show Photos
Club Info on AKC
S.T.A.R. Puppy Program
Process: May send Check or Money Order in the Mail with Registration Forms or Use Convenient Cart Button to the BELOW and mail in registration forms to: CKC, % 507 West 47th Street, San Angelo, Texas 76903
(Beginner Obedience for Puppies)
for ages 10 weeks-4 ˝ month Puppies who have had no training
6-Week Class with Make-up Day, Graduation & Test
Indicate the AGE the puppy will be at the start of class:
Registration Forms (bring vaccination records)
Mail in Registration Forms or bring to 1st Class
NO CLASSES AT THIS TIME
register for Canine Good Citizen
Schedule could change depending on the weather; Please note that most of the training is held outdoors. IF it RAINS or threatens to rain, we may meet at the Fairgrounds at the Auto Wrangler Barn on the South End; I will email/text you.
STAR Class Block #7 Schedule, THURSDAYS
| || |
507 West 47th Street
(off North Chadbourne on West side)
Meet at the Side Building-Park in Field
Schedule could change depending on the weather; Please note that most of the training is held outdoors. IF it RAINS or threatens to rain, we may meet at the Fairgrounds in Cattle Building #2 on the South End.
Please wear appropriate shoes, wear a cap if needed and bring water, dog treats and poop bags.
|Welcome to the AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy Program! |
At the American Kennel Club®, we’re not just champion dogs. We’re the dogs’ champion—all dogs. We believe that all dogs deserve training and a responsible owner and our goal is to reward responsible dog ownership.
The AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy is an exciting new program designed to get dog owners and their puppies off to a good start. The AKC S.T.A.R. Puppies Program is an incentive program for loving dog owners who have taken the time to take their puppies through a basic training class.
The Benefits of Training
Training classes teach you how to best communicate with your puppy. Organized training classes also provide an opportunity for your dog to socialize with other dogs. In classes aimed at earning the AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy distinction, you’ll be able to get information on all of your puppy-raising questions including housetraining, chewing, and the most effective way to teach practical skills such as coming when called. AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy training is a natural lead in to the AKC® Canine Good Citizen® Program! Learn to sit, down, stay, come when called, walking on leash and more!
How It Works
A minimum of 6-weeks is taught by an AKC approved CGC Evaluator. Your puppy can be up to 1 year old to be eligible to be enrolled in the AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy Program.
You'll attend any puppy or basic training class at least 6 weeks. Your instructor will administer the AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy test at the end of the course. Upon passing the test, you'll get an application to send to AKC® for enrollment in the AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy Program. All dogs are welcome to participate in the AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy Program including purebreds and mixed breeds.
20 STEPS To Success: The AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy Test
1. Maintains puppy’s health (vaccines, exams, appears healthy)
2. Owner receives Responsible Dog Owner’s Pledge
3. Owner describes adequate daily play and exercise plan
4. Owner and puppy attend at least 6 classes by an AKC Approved CGC Evaluator
5. Owner brings bags to classes for cleaning up after puppy
6. Owner has obtained some form of ID for puppy-collar tag, etc.
7. Free of aggression toward people during at least 6 weeks of class
8. Free of aggression toward other puppies in class
9. Tolerates collar or body harness of owner’s choice
10. Owner can hug or hold puppy (depending on size)
11. Puppy allows owner to take away a treat or toy
PRE-CANINE GOOD CITIZEN® TEST BEHAVIORS:
12. Allows (in any position) petting by a person other than the owner
13. Grooming-Allows owner handling and brief exam (ears, feet)
14. Walks on a Leash-Follows owner on lead in a straight line (15 steps)
15. Walks by other people-Walks on leash past other people 5-ft away
16. Sits on command-Owner may use a food lure
17. Down on command-Owner may use a food lure
18. Comes to owner from 5-ft when name is called
19. Reaction to Distractions-distractions are presented 15-ft away
20. Stay on leash with another person (owner walks 10 steps and returns)
Your puppy will receive the AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy Medal (for display or memento purposes; not suitable as a collar tag). You and your puppy will be listed in the AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy records. In addition, so that you can continue learning, you’ll receive our AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy Package that includes:
- A beautiful, frameable certificate designating your puppy is in the AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy records at AKC
- AKC Puppy Handbook, a valuable resource
- Discount to enroll in AKC Companion Animal Recovery Corporation, a 24-hour recovery service
- Ongoing Monthly Email Newsletter: This includes training tips and up-to-date information every dog owner needs to know. We want you and your puppy to continue learning beyond puppy classes.
Canine Good Citizen (CGC)
|CLASS HANDOUTS & HOMEWORK!|
Hazards to Your Puppy
S.T.A.R Puppy Class #3
S.T.A.R. Puppy Class #2
Bailey & Belle
S.T.A.R. Puppy Class #1